Thursday, September 24, 2009

I have the flu


So "Herban" was not happy with his teams performance against the Vols. What can I say. I guess I'd be disappointed too if my team was ranked #1 in the nation and couldn't put away a supposedly mediocre team that had lost to UCLA the week before. If my master plan to hang 60 on a team I despised did not happen I guess I'd be pretty pissed too, but I'd at least man up to what happened and not blame poor performance after the fact on the flu.


Maybe Herban did not want to hear it from all the enraged jort wearing Florida homers who wanted to see Lane Kiffin cry for mercy as he walked off the field in utter defeat. Maybe he is frustrated because he know when Timmy is gone that he will have no answer to Monte Kiffin's defense. We may never know the truth, but I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the Florida locker room after the game.

I'm not one for morale victories, but if last Saturday was no joke I think Tennessee will have a good year. By the way, if nobody likes my above analysis I am blaming it on my delirious state from a 102 degree fever and explosive diarrhea.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty spot on. I think this was a case of Florida not executing well offensively. They looked similar to this last year, but not quite this bad. The UT D played extremely well all game and deserve plenty of credit for taking advantage. Tebow, once again, was the difference. I cannot remember the last time one player has made this much of a difference.

    I am pretty convinced that the best D in the SEC (and by default the country) lives in Tuscaloosa, Knoxville or Oxford...with South Carolina getting an honorable mention.

    ReplyDelete